The past few weeks have been a little crazy (which is why I haven’t posted in well over a month…)! I have tons of pictures I could post, but it’s 6:55am right now, the kids and hubby are sleeping and I’m trying to enjoy every last second before the little monsters wake up…so I’ll do a little updating now and a picture post later. 🙂
Here are some things that have happened in the past month:
- Zach’s Welcome Home party (I forgot the camera…but I do have one picture below!)
- My family reunion (I forgot the camera for this, too)
- Zach’s family reunion will be this Saturday (I’ll try to remember the camera this time!)
- We’ve started cloth diapering almost full time (I haven’t found the right inserts to try a cloth diaper at night yet)
- Irelyn had her 4 month appointment (she was 14 lb 9 oz, 25 inches long and is growing perfectly!)
- Made it to 5 months of exclusive breastfeeding 🙂 (I tried some dairy a couple of weeks ago to see if she’s still sensitive to it…she is.)
- Kaden spent a week at his dad’s house while Zach & I were house-sitting for my aunt
- Irelyn learned to roll from back to belly (she’s been going from belly to back), has been learning to sit and has attempted to crawl twice!
- Zach went to Columbus this past Tuesday to take his exam for the Ohio State Highway Patrol (he passed!) We should know if he got accepted into the academy in a few weeks 🙂
- Irelyn had her 1st taste of solid food [this morning! – video below]
We are trying baby led weaning with Irelyn. Basically, we’ll be skipping cereal & purees, starting with simple foods such as avocado, bananas, peaches, broccoli, etc and allowing her to feed herself. The idea behind it is that she’ll learn to chew before swallowing (which will help her to only ingest solids as she is actually ready for them), it is supposed to help her be less picky towards the texture (with a 3 year old that would only eat mac-n-cheese and popsicles if I let him, I love this), plus I don’t have to spend time pureeing and storing foods for her, she’ll just eat what we eat!
We tried avocado today. She was so excited when we put it on the tray and she licked it for a few minutes – I don’t think she actually managed to swallow any though.
Obviously, Kaden was narrating the entire event…I’ll only bore you with a little over a minute of it. [please ignore my messy house]
And here is the one and only picture I have from Zach’s party.
I’ll post more pictures as soon as I have some “free” time to edit them! 🙂