My last post was titled “MIA” (because I hadn’t posted in over a month), I’m not sure what this one should be titled since it has been almost a year! Obviously, I’ve been quite busy.
Here’s a quick breakdown of our past year:
- We celebrated Kaden’s 4th birthday in December of 2012 and also our 1st Christmas as a family that wasn’t cut short because of deployment.
- We moved out of our (tiny) 3 bedroom, 900 sq ft apartment to a 4 bedroom, 1600 sq ft HOUSE! We have a big backyard for the kids to play in and we’re so much closer to Zach’s work, church and preschool.
- We celebrated Irelyn’s 1st birthday in March of this year with a rainbow and clover themed party (I’ll be posting about that later!)
- In 2013, Irelyn has learned around 15 signs, how to walk, said her first words and has shown that she has a very spirited personality (I no longer take her on grocery shopping trips because the terrible 2’s seem to have started early…)
- Kaden finished his 1st year of preschool!
- We found out Irelyn has outgrown her dairy allergy; now it is just an intolerance which is much easier to manage. But she has an egg allergy, so now I’m learning all new ways to cook/bake.
- We found out we’re expecting our 3rd (and final) baby due on December 11th! Keep reading for a picture of our gender reveal.
- I had to wean Irelyn from breastfeeding (we made it 17 months!). Due to preterm labor issues with both kids, my OB wanted me to wean her by 22 weeks. Irelyn handled it better than I did.
- Kaden learned to ride his bike without training wheels and he will be starting his 2nd year of preschool in 3 weeks. Now we are just planning to enjoy the rest of our summer together.
About baby #3:
Zach deployed when I was 14 weeks pregnant with Irelyn and didn’t get home until she was 4 months old; so this entire pregnancy is new to him. I’m 23 weeks and we just found out the gender a few weeks ago. We had the ultrasound technician write down the gender in an envelope, took it to Walmart, and had them fill the box with pink or blue balloons. We had a cookout with both of our families and opened the box at the end of the party!
……….and it’s a GIRL!
Her name will be Lillian. We haven’t decided middle names – she’ll have 2 – but we’ve still got a few months to figure that out.
I’m not 100% sure what I’m going to be blogging about, but my goal is to do so more regularly; I think I can handle more than once per year!
Here is a more recent picture of my sweet little monsters (they’ve changed a bit during the past year!):